A proper bra fitting will change your life as you will be fitted into a perfect fitting bra. Take this case in point.
A few weeks ago on TV there was a show about fitness. One of the ladies featured visited a Bravissimo store and undertook a bra fitting before she ventured back into the gym. She previously complained that bras were always too tight around the back and she suffered from back pain. She had been wearing a 42MM and surprise, surprise measured by Bravissimo, she was actually a 40K.
New research has revealed that 85% of us ladies are wearing the wrong size bra me included so a proper bra fitting is imperative. I used to wear a 34E (12E) but after I got fitted in a department store I found out I was a 30G (8G). The perfect fitting bra changed my life.
We know that wearing the wrong size bra (especially for us bigger boobed girls) can cause all sorts of problems back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, poor posture and temporary damage to breast tissue from wires. How do you know you are wearing the wrong size bra and need a bra fitting? Here are a few clues:
1. Look in the mirror, does the back of the bra ride up? It should be fitting horizontally across your back.
2. Are the straps digging into your shoulders?
3. Are your boobs spilling out of the top of the cup? If so, the cup size is probably not big enough.
4. Is there wrinkling in your cup? This means the cup size is just too big.
5. Do the wires at the front, between your boobs stand forward? If you can get two or more fingers underneath, the cup is too small.
6. If you lift your arms in the air, does the bra move up? It should stay where it is.
7. Are you wearing an old bra? Bras lose elasticity over time, so an old worn bra will no longer support you.
As it is the start of a brand new year, make sure going for a bra fitting to get the perfect fitting bra is one of your New Year resolutions and spread the word. Speak to your girlfriends and persuade them to go for a fitting too.
Wearing the right size bra can change your life for the better, who wouldn’t want to feel great and wear a smaller size top. I did! I went from M/L sizes to Small. It always feels great to wear a smaller size and even better if you don’t have to lose weight to get it!
Bravissimo’s fitting consultants are more than happy to talk you through their range of bras and help you find your perfect fit. If you can’t get down to one of their stores, you can ring one of their customer service consultants on (UK) 01926 459 859 and they will give you practical fitting advice, right there over the phone.
The beautiful bra pictured above is the Tango Balconette Bra by Panache. The basics are always the best to start with. You can't go wrong with this one. It is Panaches best selling bra which recently celebarted it's 10 year birthday.
Make 2012 the year you discover your true bra size and change your life!
Article from Bravissimo blog with some editing from me.